Availability: In Stock (36 packs)
Manufacturer: Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd. / Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd.
Erythromycin is used to treat many different types of infections caused by bacteria.
|Product name||Per Pill||Savings (only today)||Per Pack|
|60 pills||$0.61||$36.43||ADD TO CART|
|90 pills||$0.54||$6.34||$54.64 $48.30||ADD TO CART|
|120 pills||$0.50||$12.68||$72.86 $60.18||ADD TO CART|
|180 pills||$0.47||$25.35||$109.28 $83.93||ADD TO CART|
|270 pills||$0.44||$44.37||$163.93 $119.56||ADD TO CART|
|360 pills||$0.43||$63.39||$218.58 $155.19||ADD TO CART|
|Product name||Per Pill||Savings (only today)||Per Pack|
|30 pills||$1.13||$33.80||ADD TO CART|
|60 pills||$0.88||$14.75||$67.59 $52.84||ADD TO CART|
|90 pills||$0.80||$29.49||$101.38 $71.89||ADD TO CART|
|120 pills||$0.76||$44.24||$135.18 $90.94||ADD TO CART|
|180 pills||$0.72||$73.74||$202.78 $129.04||ADD TO CART|
|270 pills||$0.69||$117.98||$304.16 $186.18||ADD TO CART|
|360 pills||$0.68||$162.22||$405.55 $243.33||ADD TO CART|
What is Erythromycin?
Erythromycin is an antibiotic from the macrolide group, which has a pronounced antibacterial effect. The active substance is Erythromycin.
When ingested, the antibiotic breaks the bonds between amino acid molecules, blocking the synthesis of bacterial proteins. The systematic use of the drug provides a pronounced bactericidal effect.
Erythromycin is prescribed for diseases provoked by gram-positive bacteria and some gram-negative microorganisms. Most gram-negative bacteria, fungi, mycobacteria, medium and small viruses exhibit resistance.
The spectrum of action includes gram-positive microorganisms: Staphylococcus spp., Producing and not producing penicillinase, including Staphylococcus aureus; Streptococcus spp. (including Streptococcus pneumoniae, Streptococcus pyogenes), alpha-hemolytic streptococcus (Viridans groups), Bacillus anthracis, Corynebacterium diphtheriae, Corynebacterium minutissimum;
Gram-negative microorganisms: Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Haemophilus influenzae, Campylobacter jejuni, Bordetella pertussis, Brucella spp., Legionella spp., incl. Legionella pneumophila and other microorganisms: Mycoplasma spp. (including Mycoplasma pneumoniae), Chlamydia spp. (including Chlamydia trachomatis), Treponema spp., Rickettsia spp., Entamoeba histolytica, Listeria monocytogenes.
Gram-negative bacilli are resistant to the drug: Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, as well as Shigella spp., Salmonella spp., Bacteroides fragilis, Enterobacter spp. and etc.
It is an agonist of motilin receptors. It accelerates the evacuation of gastric contents by increasing the amplitude of the reduction of the pylorus and improving antrum-duodenal coordination.
Indications for the use
The drug Erythromycin is prescribed for the treatment of bacterial infections caused by sensitive microflora:
- diphtheria (including bacterial carriage);
- whooping cough (including prevention);
- scarlet fever;
- amoebic dysentery;
- conjunctivitis of the newborn;
- pneumonia in children;
- urogenital infections in pregnant women caused by Chlamydia trachomatis;
- primary syphilis (in patients who are allergic to penicillins);
- uncomplicated chlamydia in adults (with localization in the lower parts of the genitourinary tract and rectum) with intolerance or inefficiency of tetracyclines;
- infections of ENT organs (tonsillitis, otitis media, sinusitis);
- biliary tract infections (cholecystitis);
- infections of the upper and lower respiratory tract (tracheitis, bronchitis, pneumonia);
- infections of the skin and soft tissues (pustular skin diseases, including youthful acne, infected wounds, pressure sores, II-III degree burns, trophic ulcers);
- infections of the mucous membrane of the eyes;
- prevention of exacerbations of streptococcal infection (tonsillitis, pharyngitis) in patients with rheumatism;
- prevention of infectious complications during medical and diagnostic procedures (including preoperative bowel preparation, dental interventions, endoscopy, in patients with heart defects).
Methods of use and dosage
The average daily dose of erythromycin for adults according to the instructions for use is from 1 to 2 grams in 2-4 doses, the maximum daily dose is 4 grams.
- Children from 4 months to 18 years, depending on age, body weight and severity of infection — 30-50 mg / kg / day in 2-4 doses.
- Children of the first 3 months of life — 20-40 mg / kg / day.
In case of severe infections, the dose may be doubled.
When diphtheria take 250 mg of erythromycin 2 times a day.
When legionellosis is taken from 500 to 1000 mg \ 4 times a day for 2 weeks.
In the treatment of amoebic dysentery, a single dose for adults is 250 mg (4 times a day), the daily dosage for children is 30-50 mg per 1 kg of weight. The course of treatment is 10-15 days.
Erythromycin for gonorrhea is taken 500 mg every 6 hours for 3 days, then 250 mg every 6 hours for 7 days.
With gastroparesis, by mouth (for the treatment of gastroparesis, erythromycin for iv use is more preferable), 0.15-0.25 g 30 minutes before meals 3 times a day.
For preoperative preparation of the intestine with the aim of preventing infectious complications, by mouth, 1 g for 19 hours, 18 hours and 9 hours before surgery (total 3 g).
For the prevention of streptococcal infection (with tonsillitis, pharyngitis) Erythromycin for adults at 20-50 mg / kg / day, for children — 20-30 mg / kg / day, course duration — at least 10 days.
For the prevention of septic endocarditis in patients with heart defects — 1 g for adults and 20 mg / kg for children, 1 hour before the treatment or diagnostic procedure, then 0.5 g for adults and 10 mg / kg for children, again after 6 hours
With whooping cough — 40-50 mg / kg / day for 5-14 days.
With conjunctivitis of newborns — 50 mg / kg / day suspension in 4 doses for at least 2 weeks.
With pneumonia in children — 50 mg / kg / day suspension of erythromycin in 4 doses for at least 3 weeks.
In case of genitourinary infections during pregnancy — 0.5 g 4 times a day for at least 7 days or (with poor tolerance of such a dose) 0.25 g 4 times a day for at least 14 days.
In adults, with uncomplicated chlamydia and intolerance to tetracyclines — 0.5 g 4 times a day for at least 7 days.
Instructions for use ointment Erythromycin
In case of eye infections, an eye ointment is placed behind the lower eyelid.
With skin lesions, the affected areas are lubricated with a solution for external use. Ointment is applied to the affected area 2-3 times a day. With burns 2-3 times a week.
The course application of the ointment lasts up to 2 months.
The dosage, frequency and duration of use of the erythromycin ointment is determined individually.
In severe bacterial infections, erythromycin is administered intravenously.
With prolonged antibacterial therapy, regular monitoring of the liver is carried out. Ototoxicity is manifested more often in individuals with pathological renal system. Symptoms of cholestatic jaundice can develop several days after the start of therapy, however, the risk of developing increases after 7-14 days of continuous antibiotic use.
Tablets should not be washed down with dairy products, milk.
Pregnancy and lactation
In animal studies, it was found that the substance penetrates the placenta, is found in low concentrations in blood plasma, but does not adversely affect the fetus.
Studies in pregnant women have not been performed.
Based on this, it is worth noting that during pregnancy, the drug can be used only if the possible benefits of its use are higher than the possible risk to the fetus.
It is not recommended to use the medicine with breastfeeding. If possible, you should stop breastfeeding.
Erythromycin is contraindicated in the following diseases or conditions:
- hearing loss
- concomitant use of terfenadine or astemizole;
- lactation period.
- arrhythmias (history);
- QT interval lengthening;
- jaundice (in the anamnesis);
- renal failure.
Instructions for use warns of the possibility of developing side effects of the drug Erythromycin:
- Hypersensitivity reactions: skin allergic reactions (urticaria, other forms of rash), eosinophilia; rarely — anaphylactic shock.
- Nausea, vomiting, gastralgia, tenesmus, abdominal pain, diarrhea, dysbiosis; rarely, oral candidiasis, pseudomembranous enterocolitis (both during and after treatment), impaired liver function, cholestatic jaundice, increased
- activity of hepatic transaminases, pancreatitis, hearing loss and / or tinnitus (when using high doses — more than 4 g / day, hearing loss after discontinuation of the drug is usually reversible).
- Rarely, tachycardia, prolongation of the QT interval on the ECG, ventricular arrhythmias, including ventricular tachycardia (such as “pirouette”) in patients with an extended QT interval.